Tuesday 23 September 2014

Judo? What's that?


There’s one type of person that I really don’t have time for.  And that’s the type of person that just doesn’t have a thing.  Bear with me here while I explain.  A thing,  anything  they’re really passionate about that they spend at least a little of their day thinking about, that when you get them talking about it you can see a bit of a spark in their eyes and excitement in their voice.  Just something that makes them tick.  It might be a sport, it might be stamp collecting, or some kind of music, following a team, hairstyling, F1, pole dancing, jigsaw puzzles…… anything,  just as long as there’s something.  Because if you don’t have a thing, what’s the point?
Judo isn’t my only thing….. I absolutely love cooking.  I’m not always very good at it.  I’ve had some out and out disasters and being inherently clumsy, have burnt myself a fair bit.  But I love trying new recipes and creating something.  I’m happy in the Kitchen.

But this isn’t the place for a stuffed chicken thigh recipe or debate on the best chocolate brownie.  
For non Judoka who really haven’t got a clue what it’s all about or why I love it so much, here’s a short intro.  (watch the links! They really are worth it!)

To win in Judo you must throw your opponent flat on their back, pin them down for 25 secs, or strangle or arm lock them into submission.
If we’re looking at throws.  This is my favourite player … watch this, you’ll love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9QV_CUP1ZQ&feature=share
 
Illias Illiadis is  a great example of why this is so true.

 
And on the ground with hold downs, armlocks and strangles.... bring on the submissions...
its a real art form.
And finally if you're still with me.
So that's it folks,  it might not be judo,  but whatever it is you're passionate about... go do it!
Next post will be from Malaga!  Bring it!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment