Wednesday 1 October 2014

Afterthought

Some of the words and gestures from my friends family and colleagues have been so lovely. My mum made me and the family roast beef followed by three of my fav puddings, all washed down with a spot of champers. The guys in the office decorated my desk with golden balloons and banners and cakes and a card they'd all signed. Tbh I got a little choked up, it was so nice. I didn't really know what to say.  And there have been kind and inspiring words, many of which I won't forget, from people who mean more to me than they realise.

This is all Jack Bishop’s fault of course. Jack is a friend and colleague, manager of Absolutely Fitness in Bracknell. And he kept hassling me about re-entering the World Vets this year to defend my title. So, thanks for that Bish. 

It been a great trip and experience.  In the short term I've got to strengthen and stabilise my knee again. And maybe even a little r&r, time in the kitchen, time with my fam & friends. After that I've got a few plans in my head going forward. But whatever that shall be, I'll be sure to think twice before I doubt what I can achieve if I put my mind to it.

Thanks for reading! xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment